The Jose Aponte de la Torre Airport is commonly known as the “Ceiba Airport” opened it’s doors in November 2008 offering a passenger terminal with modern facilities and amenities.
The airport is managed by the Puerto Rico Ports Authority. Facilities include a cafeteria, public parking, and clean bathrooms. The Ceiba Airport replaces the use of the Fajardo Airport (FAJ) – Diego Jimenez Torres Airport.
The Airport offers low fares to the offshore islands of Vieques and Culebra. There are also daily flights to some of the US Virgin Islands. The Ceiba Airport is located on 124 acres of the former Roosevelt Roads Naval Base in the municipality of Ceiba, Puerto Rico. JATA features an 11,000 feet runway, the second-longest in the Caribbean, being Aguadilla’s runway the first. Regional Eastern Rescue, Firefighting, Police and State Emergency Agency Offices and Units will be located at Ceiba’s airport.
Airlines - Ceiba Airport, PR
– Fajardo 787-801-8256
– Culebra 787-742-1040
– San Juan 787-724-1818 / 787-724-1105
Isla Nena Air Service
– Fajardo 787-863-3075 / 787-863-3030
– Vieques 787-741-1577
– Culebra 787-742-0972
M & N Aviation
– Vieques 787-741-3911
– San Juan 787-791-7090
Vieques Air Link
– Fajardo 787-860-2290 / 787-863-3020
– Vieques 787-741-3266 / 787-741- 7863 / 787-741-3020
– Culebra 787-742-0254
Airport Parking & Car RentalsCeiba, Puerto Rico
Avis.com provides a shuttle service from the Ceiba Airport to their office outside the airport gate. Avis offers one-way car rentals if you want to travel to San Juan and drop it off at the San Juan airport.
Public Parking is available 7 days a week from 6 am – 7 pm. Parking attendants only accept cash.
Map & Directions - Ceiba Airport
– Take Rt 66 east to Route 3 East towards Fajardo.
– Once in Fajardo, Route 3 becomes Route 53.
– Take Exit 2 – Puerto del Rey Marina. Now you will be back in Route 3 heading South.
– Follow directions to the Jose Aponte de la Torre Airport in Ceiba.