Flights to Culebra AirportPuerto Rico
Top Rated Culebra Tours
Offering flights from San Juan Airport to Culebra Airport
- Tel: 787-946-7800
- Toll-free 866-359-8784
- Phone: (787) 724-1105
- Email: email@example.com
Vieques Air Link
- Phone: (787) 741-8331, 888-901-9247
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Charters to Culebra Island
If you’re traveling with a group, the cost of the charter will be about the same. In addition, you can enjoy the flexibility of a flight to meet your travel needs.
- Taxi Aereo – e-mail: email@example.com
Culebra Airport Facts
Culebra Airport Codes
- IATA: CPX
- ICAO: TJCP
- FAA LID: CPX
- The Culebra Airport covers an area of 15 acres with one runaway measuring 2,600 by 50 feet. Due to the short length of the runway, commercial airlines are limited to air taxi service using propeller aircraft with 10 seats or less.
- Latitude: 18-18-46.616 N
- Longitude: 65-18-13.969 W
- Elevation: 49 ft.
Culebra Airport Facilities
- Inside the Culebra airport, you’ll find commercial flight desks where you can book your tickets.
- You can enjoy a good cup of coffee and snacks.
- Information on tour guides, transportation, and hotels are posted on an information wall.
A Little History
Benjamín Rivera Noriega was opened in 1957 by the United States Marine Corps as a military airport. The Puerto Rican government began flying civilians from San Juan to Culebra with Legislative compensation. The first passenger terminal was inaugurated in October 1976 after the Navy protests. The airport’s 80 acres were transferred to the Puerto Rico Ports Authority in 1980.
The airport of Culebra was originally built as a military airport by the United States Marine Corps, opening in 1957. In 1965, the government of Puerto Rico started flying civilians from San Juan, the capital city of Puerto Rico, to the island with Legislative compensation.
Since then, a new terminal for passengers was created in 1994 and the name of the airport was changed to Benjamin Rivera Noriega in honor of a pilot recognized in the community for his services to the people of Culebra.