Longing for a romantic getaway? This guide is full of information in an easy-to-use format, to make your romantic getaway planning easier. This guide includes:
- The best vacation spots in Puerto Rico for couples.
- Top-rated resorts and hotels for couples.
- Romantic activities by vacation spot and nearby.
Within Puerto Rico, there are great vacation spots, from vibrant cities to coastal towns for those seeking tranquility and a little adventure. Each vacation spot offers activities sure to rekindle a deeper love for each other, with even more things to do nearby. If you’re coming to Puerto Rico for a quick weekend getaway, this guide will help you get the most out of your days. If you’re staying longer, this guide will also help you plan more activities to nearby beautiful places with even more adventures to share together.
Romance in Old San JuanRomantic Old City, Vibrant Nightlife & Intimate Charming Hotels
In our guide, you’ll see Old San Juan often placed a the top for just about every list, it truly is a special place, especially for romantics. Your loved one may be longing for romantic European charm… the other may be wishing for an exotic tropical resort vacation; the capital city of Puerto Rico, captures both worlds.
Old San Juan offers couples a great variety of romantic things to do by day and night. During the day visit five-century-old forts and colorful streets dotted with interesting shops, relaxed cafes and squares, museums, and more. Golden sunsets set the mood for a romantic evening. At night, black wrought iron lanterns light up and give cobblestone streets a golden glow. The bright-colored homes become more subdued, creating an enchanting romantic ambiance. You can enjoy all the sights and activities of the Old City of San Juan by simply walking from your hotel without the need for a car or taxi. We recommend you take a day trip out of the city to the most exciting attractions of Puerto Rico.
+ Romantic Things to Do in Old San Juan
- Spend a few hours early morning when is cooler and explore Castillo San Felipe del Morro. Pull your loved one gently into one of the garitas and kiss. Don’t miss flying a kite together!
- Book a sunset cruise at San Juan Bay.
- Spend a morning at Escambron Beach, where you can relax, swim, snorkel, and scuba dive.
- Check out romantic activities you can do in San Juan and around Puerto Rico.
Top Rated Romantic Hotels in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico
Rio Grande, Puerto RicoRomantic Beachfront Resorts & Rainforest Adventure
Rio Grande is just 30 minutes from the San Juan Airport. For couples wishing to enjoy an exclusive beachfront resort experience, Rio Grande is the best place to vacation offering quiet beaches, romantic suites, and pampering services. The town of Rio Grande is located near three of the top attractions in Puerto Rico giving couples amazing experiences to share.
Below are the most romantic places to stay and a list of activities we recommend for couples.
Romantic Things to Do in Rio Grande Puerto Rico
- Take a hike together at El Yunque National Rainforest. Book a Tour: Private Tour to El Yunque ⎮ Group Tours to El Yunque
- Escape to a secluded island by booking a sailing tour to Icacos. Book a Tour: Private Tour to Icacos ⎮ Group Tours to Icacos
- At night don’t miss kayaking on the glowing waters of Laguna Grande, one of the bioluminescent bays of Puerto Rico. Group Tour: Private Tour:
- For a romantic day trip, take a taxi and spend a day exploring Old San Juan.
- Just 30 minutes from Rio Grande, you can visit Balneario la Monserrate best known as Luquillo Beach, one of the most popular public beaches on the east coast of Puerto Rico with calm waters for bathing, a long beach for a romantic walk, great Piña Coladas, traditional fritters and great ice cream. When you get really hungry, head to Kioskos de Luquillo, right outside of Balneario de Luquillo La Monserrate where you can enjoy traditional Puerto Rican food.
Most Romantic Resort in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico
St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort
St. Regis Bahia Beach is one of two AAA Five Diamond Resorts in Puerto Rico, a luxurious beachfront resort with a pampering spa, romantic suites, a quiet beach, and excellent dining options.
Isabela, Puerto RicoIntimate Romantic Accommodations. Quiet Beaches, Hiking, Surfing,
Isabela, a beach town on the northwest coast of Puerto Rico is perfect for couples who love to explore a destination on their own. Isabela is the location of the most romantic resort on the island’s west coast. In Isabela, romantics can enjoy beaches and natural pools without crowds, horseback riding, and surfing. From Isabela, couples can explore more beaches along the west coast, visit charming towns, go hiking on scenic hiking trails… and end days with unforgettable sunsets.
Most Romantic Resorts in Isabela, Puerto Rico
Royal Isabela is the jewel resort on the west coast of Puerto Rico, one of the most romantic resorts on the island. Couples in the know head to this resort to enjoy a romantic, intimate, luxurious escape. Couples will have their own “casita”, with their own plunge pool on a private terrace surrounded by lush flora and views of the Atlantic. Play a round of golf or learn to play together at The Links, a course nestled on a bluff overlooking the ocean. Jota Restaurant at Royal Isabela has a farm-to-table menu where you can dine al fresco to the stunning sunsets of the west coast.
Culebra, Puerto RicoPristine Quiet Beaches & Superb Snorkeling
Culebra is a really special place… Home to Flamenco Beach ranked among the best beaches around the world. For a really special romantic vacation, we recommend you stay in Old San Juan for two nights, then head to Culebra for the rest of your vacation. In Culebra you’ll be immersed in natural beauty without crowds and a chill island vibe. Culebra is all about renting a jeep to spend days exploring the beaches in Culebra, snorkeling, and relaxing under the Puerto Rican Sun. The quaint town of Dewey offers visitors a few cool places to eat and shops. Don’t leave the island without going to Tamarindo Beach, where you swim with sea turtles.
Most Romantic Hotels in Culebra, Puerto Rico
Romance in Condado - San Juan, Puerto RicoCity Beaches & Vibrant Nightlife
Condado is the hip tourist district in San Juan, offering modern beachfront resorts, adults-only boutique hotels, lounges, casinos, and nightclubs to dance the night away. The tourist district of Condado is walker and bicycle friendly offering easy access to restaurants, shops, and beaches. Dining choices range from fine dining to fun laid-back restaurants and bars along Ashford Avenue. Just a short taxi drive away you can experience the romance of Old San Juan.
Romantic Activities in Condado - San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Go for a sunset walk on the beach and surprise your loved one with a romantic private picnic.
- Book a romantic floating picnic at Laguna del Condado.
- Go dancing at Fifty Eight at La Concha Resort.
Best Romantic Boutique Hotels & Resorts – Condado
O:LV Fifty Five Hotel
La Concha Resort
Vieques, One of the Islands of Puerto RicoUltimate Beach Hopping to Gorgeous Beach Coves without Crowds & Magical Nights at Bioluminescent Bay
If your idea of the perfect romantic getaway is beach hopping all week exploring idyllic beaches with crystal clear waters that you may be sharing with just a few other honeymooners, you may want to visit Vieques. Vieques offers great accommodations for couples from boutique hotels to luxurious beachfront villas (see top-ranking accommodations below).
At night, the island is quiet, but the magic is under the stars at Mosquito Bay, the brightest bioluminescent bay in the world. You can get there by booking a short flight from San Juan Airport.